In response to militancy, in June 2014 the Pakistan Army launched a second security operation in five FATA Agencies, namely North Waziristan, South Waziristan, Orakzai, Kurram and Khyber. Approximately 340,000 families were displaced. With success of military operations in most areas, the Government has started the TDPs repatriation process. The World Bank has provided support to the Government of Pakistan (GoP) through the FATA Temporarily Displaced Persons Emergency Recovery Project (TDP ERP) to support early recovery of families affected by the militancy crisis, promote child health, and strengthen emergenc . . . Read More
The province of Balochistan experienced several significant natural disasters over the past ten years including major recurring floods in 2010, 2011 and 2012, cyclones, earthquakes and prolonged droughts. Lagging in economic, human development and social indicators increases the vulnerability of Balochistan to natural disasters. The Government of Balochistan (GoB) requested World Bank’s assistance through the Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF) to support the development of its DRM capacity. The Balochistan Disaster Management Project (BDMP) aims to strengthen the capacity of PDMA Balochistan to prepare for and respond to natur . . . Read More
Carried out social assessments as part of the nationwide survey conducted on substance abuse and domestic violence study for the UNDP funded Gender Justice Project. The objectives of the study were
- To collect information on the extent and patterns of drug use among women in five selected cities.
- To investigate the correlation between substance abuse and violence
- against women including domestic violence.
. . . Read More
Carried our Social assessment in the districts of Sukkur, Shikarpur and QambarShahdadkot as part of the end project evaluation for the world vision flood response program in Sindh. The purpose of the evaluation was to determine the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, sustainability and accountability of the project. The specific objectives were as follow:
- Extent to which outcomes and goals have been achieved
- Intended and unintended positive and negative impact of project activities
- Whether funds were used as stated in project design
- If the project fulfilled agreed humanitarian principles and standards
- If the project was implemented with accountability . . . Read More