The Works & Services Department, (W&SD), Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Government of Pakistan has launched the “FATA Emergency Rural Roads Project (FERRP), from the funds of Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF), administered by the World Bank in Bajaur and Orakzai agencies (Tribal Districts).
The ultimate objective of the study is to make the project environmentally responsible and socially acceptable. The specific objectives of this study can be identified as follows:
- To collect the baseline data on physical biological and socio–economic conditions of the project area using primary as well as secondary data.
- To carryout environmental and social assessment including the supporting administrative and legal framework of the proposed road infrastructure.
- To identify mitigation measures of the potential environmental and noticeable impacts and proposing impacts.
- To propose institutional responsibilities and methods of monitoring the mitigation measures and monitoring procedures.
- To prepare the Environmental and Social Management Plan.
|Location||Bajour and Orakzai Agency, Pakistan|
|Cost||Rs. 5.20 million|
|Client(s)||World Bank/ Works and Services Department FATA, Pakistan|
|Role of Organization||Leading consultants of the assignment|